1. Contact The Liberty Team: Nobody knows the real estate market like Mike and Alicia O’Sullivan, leaders of The Liberty Team, a hand-picked group of REALTORS® with First Choice Properties dedicated to serving their clients with honesty and integrity. Contact Mike and Alicia to guide you through the sales process and find the right buyer for your home.
2. Get Home Ready for Sale: Prepare your home by cleaning, de-cluttering, and improving curb appeal. Consider making any needed repairs to your home and professional staging if necessary. Remember that a nicely staged and clean home will help potential buyers visualize themselves in your home and increase the chances of submitting an offer.
3. Determine Listing Price: The Liberty Team will perform a Comparative Market Analysis to determine the approximate “market value” of your property, taking into consideration comparable properties that have recently sold in your area. Armed with this knowledge you will determine the desired listing price of your home.
4. Market Your Home: With your input, The Liberty Team will implement their marketing campaign that highlights the sizzling selling points of your home. They will take high quality photographs of the interior and exterior of your home for their online and print media to reach the largest public audience as well as inform their network of local brokers of the hot property that is about to hit the market.
5. Show Your Home: The Liberty Team will first hold a “broker’s open” in order to allow a chance from local REALTORS © to preview the property for their clients and generate a “buzz” about your home prior to being listed on the Multiple Listing Service. The following days will be spent in obtaining the right buyer for your home through multiple showings whether that be through individual appointments or open houses.
6. Negotiate the Offer: Once you receive an offer in writing, you most likely will want to negotiate the terms of the purchase contract to make them more favorable for you, the seller. The Liberty Team will leverage their strength of negotiation to help you achieve the greatest value for your home.
7. Obtain Inspections, Provide Disclosures: After an offer is accepted and Escrow is opened, you will need to obtain the necessary seller inspections (e.g. pest inspections, sewer inspections) and provide the necessary home disclosures (e.g. natural hazards disclosure, lead based paint disclosure, CC&R’s) to the buyer.
8. Cooperate with Buyer’s Process: After you accept the offer, the buyer will proceed with a property inspection, review of disclosures, and home appraisal. The Liberty Team will coordinate these actions with the Buyer’s Agent to make this non-intrusive to your daily routine. Upon the buyer’s satisfaction with these items, he/she will remove contingencies.
9. Sign Papers and Close Escrow: After contingencies are removed and prior to the end of escrow you will sign escrow and title documents to allow transfer of title to the new owner. Once the deed is recorder at the County Recorder’s Office, the transaction is complete and your home is officially sold! See http://sandiegorealestateca.com/buyers/home-buying-checklist/ for a description of how The Liberty Team can help you find your next dream home!